Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Film Festival-Recount

One early morning, I woke up without hesitation and saw the sun shining brightly through my bedroom curtains. I leapt out of bed and ran towards the bedroom curtains as I excitedly yanked them open. I glimpsed outside and saw an amazing view of the sunshine blooming on my face.  “Get out of bed, are you going to the Manaiakalani Film Festival?” yelled my dad as I just remembered that today was the film festival.

Just then, I walked towards the stairs and smelt a marvellous fragrance of fried pancakes and pineapple juice. I trudged downstairs to get a better sniff of the nice smell of pancakes. “Eat up you have a big day ahead of you”, said my dad as he put some pancakes on a plate. While munching on my pancakes, I settled my feet into my shoes ready to go to school.

I eventually made my way through the door to the car trying to beat my siblings as I wanted to sit in the front seat, off to school we went.

                                                                    5 minutes later.........

It was 9.00 o’clock in the morning. The busses arrived at school and they were ready to pick up the juniors. The juniors swiftly boarded the busses and off they went to the Hoyts Cinemas.

Later on that day, it was 11.00 o’clock and the busses arrived to school prepared for our intermediate classes to attend the film festival. We boarded the busses and off we went to the film festival!

Without hesitation I gently hopped out of bus and lined up quietly in front of my teacher. Just then, we strolled towards sylvia park. My hand gripped the railing of the elevator, higher we went towards the over sized for Hoyts Cinemas, I quickly made a dash for the front of the line as I wanted to get a good seat. I wonder what order our class movie was played in.

The lights switched off as our class presenters, Henry and Muamua presented our class movie. “Go Henry and Muamua”, I yelled as I cheered them on with a clap. After their speech, they swiftly ran down back to their seats as our class movie started to play.

After about 20 movies had played, we trudged back to the carpark and waited patiently for the bus to come.

                                                                  2 minutes later........

The bus instantly arrived at the carpark and we were ready to head off back to school. I respectively went into the bus and sat down next to my friends. “What was your favourite movie Faaiua”, I asked. “I liked class 2’s movie because it had a lot of funny scenes in it and it was very enjoyable to watch”, he replied.

After about 15 minutes had gone by, we arrived back at school and strolled back to class. The school bell rang just in time to go home. I looked at my watch and it was flashing 3.00PM.  


Here is a peek of our class movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment